Are you interested in becoming a member of the Prospect Heights Community Farm?
To become a new member, complete the following:
- Attend a monthly meeting. Check the Calendar page for the upcoming meeting dates, times, and locations). No need to RSVP.
- Attend orientation. Given directly after meetings.
- Pay dues. Recommended $25, minimum $5.
Member responsibilities include the following:
- Following all garden bylaws and rules
- Volunteering for open hours and attending meetings during the gardening season
- Depending on when you join, new member Service Hour requirements may be prorated
- Helping to maintain the garden as a safe, attractive, and enriching public space for all New Yorkers
Members are entitled to the following benefits:
- A key to the front gate for unlimited access
- Free community composting
- Joining a waiting list for a “private” raised bed
- Endless opportunities to flex a green thumb!
- An invitation to join the listserv to keep up to date on garden matters (current members can contact the Communications Coordinators if you would like an invitation to be re-sent)
Adult family members may share one box, or each may have his or her own box.
- If both adult family members request their own box, each member will be put on the waiting list, and once a box is assigned, each will have the responsibilities of a box-holding member.
- In the case of a shared box request, the household should identify the “primary member.” Only the primary member will be put on the waiting list, and once a box is assigned, will have the rights and responsibilities of a box-holding member. Additional family members who pay dues and are issued keys will have the benefits and responsibilities of general members. (Note: Additional adult family members are not required to formally join the garden in order to enjoy it; however, keys are only issued to garden members.)